Friday, November 14, 2014

Rory's First Birthday Wrap Up

My cousin's wife, Karyn, took some pictures of Rory's first birthday and was kind enough to share them with me. (I only had to send her one email begging asking for the photos.) She and her husband Brendan were visiting from Connecticut the weekend of Rory's party, and we were sad to see them go. Here are some of my favorites from the big day: 


We didn't light the candles for obvious reasons.  






First taste...

Yum!








Instead of favors, I set up a candy bar with treat bags for people to take home. 


Rory's "all about me" poster. I found the poster board at the dollar store and a chalkboard pen at Michael's. Please ignore the large smudge at the top. I did this at ten o' clock the night before the party and decided to pretend it didn't happen.

Marcos' contribution to the decor. 

Sugar cookies. I was finally able to use my box of 100 cookie cutters that I found on clearance at TJ Maxx months ago. I used fresh raspberries to tint the frosting pink. 

My cousin Brendan with Marli. I think this may be my favorite photo.

Rory with her dada and a pink balloon. It doesn't get any better.

One of my closest friends, Melissa, with Rory. She was Rory's first official babysitter when Rory was barely 2 months old. 

Family shot. I know it's hard, but try to ignore the hanger string sticking out from my shirt in the next few photos. 



Rory with one of my oldest and best friends, Shannon. It's hard to tell in this pic, but she's due with a girl in January. I'm so excited!

Aunt Kayra came into town from Dallas especially for Rory's birthday.

The Fukumoto family with Karyn and Brendan. Thank you for coming and for being the official photographer! 




No comments:

Post a Comment