Thursday, December 4, 2014

Three Things Thursday

1. Mini Kitchen Make-Over
I was recently inspired by an article in HGTV Magazine titled "Everything Looks Better on a Tray". I decided to copy exactly replicate one of the photos from the article and use a serving tray to corral all of our kitchen counter clutter: olive oil, utensils, salt and pepper, etc. Well, let me tell you, I am now a true believer: everything really does look better on a tray!

Tray-Chic

I also finally figured out what to display in our glass door cabinet. I've been doing a lot of baking lately, and I've come to the realization that I don't have enough mixing bowls, so I found these colorful ceramic nesting ones from Sur La Table, and not only do they make awesome batter-holders, they fit perfectly in our glass cabinet.
Cute, right?

2. Goodwill
Okay, so I know what you're thinking: There's a fine line between wanting to save money and rummaging through used underwear, Lindsey. Get a grip. Marcos would agree with you. He has a special face reserved for the times I tell him something came from Goodwill. (Sort of a mix between smelling a fart and disbelief.) But have you been to a Goodwill lately? They're actually really nice and well organized. A new one recently opened close to our house and I have found some pretty amazing deals. For instance, yesterday, I found this Fisher Price shopping cart that currently retails on Amazon for $49 for $5! It's in perfect shape, and Rory spent this morning "shopping" for kitchen towels and outdated magazines.



I've also found a pair of Hanna Andersson Christmas pajamas for 50 cents, a Hanna Andersson Dress for $3, and a Widgeon fleece for $3 (The same one retails for $55 on Amazon!). The solid wood bench that now resides in our living room was $20. All it needed was a fresh coat of yellow paint and some cute throw pillows. So, if you don't mind hanging with the Goodwill crowd and doing some digging, it's definitely worth going.

3. Ebooks
I don't know why I waited so long, but last weekend I finally brought my ipad to our local library and asked one of the librarians to help me set up the ebook app. My main motivation was our trip to Mexico. I plan to spend the majority of my time there drinking margaritas lounging by the pool and reading, but I don't want to lug books around, especially since we're flying Frontier, and they would probably charge by the letter. War and Peace? Good choice. That will be $1000, please. I still prefer reading from an actual book, but it's very easy to use and perfect for traveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment